Welcome to Hillside Primary & Nursery School. We are delighted to be able to share with you our vision and values to help you get a true flavour of our school. We are confident that you will find us a welcoming school – one where your child will flourish and realise their potential, whatever that potential might be. We value getting to know all our children. This means we have a better idea of what motivates them and what success should look like for them.
We are committed to providing our children with the very best opportunities and experiences, and we are proud of the relationships that we have with our children, parents and the community. In partnership, we want to provide an outstanding education for the children at Hillside to ensure they are well equipped to be confident individuals, lifelong learners and good citizens.
At Hillside we believe that all pupils have the ability to achieve wonderful things. Our aim is to ensure that our children are happy and enjoy their time at school. This is achieved by providing an environment where children feel safe to explore the new challenges and learning opportunities they encounter. Click here to go on a Virtual Tour of Hillside and see for yourself!
All our staff are passionate about making children happy, developing their confidence and inspiring them to be successful. This passion ensures that Hillside is a vibrant and creative place to be. We aim to help develop creative children who are inspired learners, are considerate citizens, are independent thinkers, have curious and enquiring minds and are caring friends.
We care about every child in our school. Through our strong commitment to pastoral care we strive to ensure that we provide outstanding support for all of our pupils and families. Hillside prides itself on supporting all children, regardless of their background or additional circumstances. We believe that a child’s potential should not be limited or pre-determined.
Our School also offers:
Hillside's Twilight Club – A fantastic wraparound care club to support those families requiring provision before and/or after school – to find out more click here
We aim for our schools to be the best in the universe!
By the end of their primary education we aim for all of our children to be ready for secondary school and be inspired to be the best they can be through our seven values. The values are fundamental to everything the Trust represents; they run through all elements of school improvement and are understood and owned by all members of the school community. Schools with their own clear USP linked to their values blend together the Trust values with those held so dear within each individual school.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Demonstrate a restlessness to continually improve, to never stand still, with the ultimate aim of providing the best opportunities and experiences for our children.
- Strive to ensure every child fulfils their potential regardless of potential barriers to learning.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school and to support the profession and development of all schools within the partnership.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- To ultimately strive to be the best school in the Universe.
In our schools you will see we work together to:
- Ensure schools feel connected to the Trust whilst maintaining their unique qualities, character and relationship with their community.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Engage with our families and wider communities to raise aspiration for all.
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future - as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Support the development of all staff to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.
What you need to know when applying for a place:
- Before you apply for your child’s school place at Hillside for September 2022, please make sure that your child is the right age – meaning they were born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 inclusive.
- If you apply online or using a paper form, you will be asked to pick four schools in order of preference.
- One of these schools should be your catchment school, although it does not have to be your top choice.
- The closing date for primary school applications in England is 15th January 2022.
- You will then find out whether your child has a place with us on 16th April 2022.
- You can find out more and apply online go to www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/admissions or call 0300 500 8080 for help with your application.
- The school’s catchment area is centred on Hucknall. However, we have always accepted pupils from outside the area. We are proud of our tradition of warmly welcoming pupils from outside Hucknall. All children are part of our family once they walk through our gates for the first time. If you live outside Hucknall and have any questions at all about how applying for a place with us might work, then do get in touch with the office.
Please click on the below to see full details of our Admissions and Appeals arrangements: