Welcome to the Friends of Hillside Page!
Friends of Hillside are a group of, parents, teaching assistants, teachers, ex-pupils, extended family members, governors and others who have kept or have links with the school. The thing they have in common is that they would like to do what they can to make Hillside Primary and Nursery School an even better place for our children. Hence they will get involved by:
• Attending regular meetings to discuss, share ideas, and plan events.
• Help at events by taking in tickets, serving food, selling sweets and drinks/serving teas and coffees, supervising/stewarding at events.
• They may get involved in fund raising by sharing ideas, helping to support bids, creating contacts, sharing links.
• Planning events - sharing ideas of what families and their children might like to do, talking about the dates and times of events, keep thinking about future events, talk about how we can improve on events, share what we think was good about events.
• Being an ambassador for both the school and the parents, supporting parents and school to share views and ideas; giving them an ownership of their school; being a link between what parents feel about school practice, new initiatives and ideas, valuing other parents and the school.
We all believe that Hillside is a great school but recognise that there is always more we can do and ways to support the positive ethos of the school. It is our intention to encourage and promote the thriving family feel the school has by offering our support. The Friends of Hillside are a positive group with an ‘I can’ attitude keen to celebrate success and learn from things we can do better.
Please feel free to contact the Friends if you are interested in joining such a group through the school office for the attention of Mr Burrows or Mrs Richardson.